Losing a tooth can feel overwhelming. It's an emotional time and the fact that it's more difficult to eat, chew, and even talk in some cases can have a big impact on your confidence. It's a good idea to think about replacing your tooth as soon as possible as there are also some effects a missing tooth has on your oral health.
How Missing Teeth Affect Oral Health
When your bone no longer has a root to keep in place, it begins to deteriorate. This can change the appearance of your face, and affect the support for your surrounding teeth. Without a replacement, your existing teeth begin to move and shift. This causes a host of issues including bite misalignment and a greater risk of developing gum disease and tooth decay. Unfortunately, the loss of a tooth will eventually lead to more tooth loss without a replacement option.
Why Are Dental Implants the Best Solution?
Dental implants solve the problems caused by tooth loss by restoring both your root and tooth. A biocompatible titanium post replaces your root when it's surgically placed into your bone and given time to integrate with it. When it has healed, a stable foundation has been created for your new tooth or crown, which is made of high-quality porcelain customized to complement your smile.
A dental implant is the best choice for many reasons such as:
- Your implant crown will look, feel, and function like your natural tooth
- It's a very reliable treatment with a 95% success rate
- Your implant will protect the health of your jawbone
- Implants offer great longevity with the potential to last a lifetime
- Because of their success rate and durability, implants are the best long-term solution for your oral health because other options like a bridge or denture will have to be replaced
Are you ready to learn more about dental implants in Glendale and determine if they are the right solution for you? Contact Sladky Family Dental and schedule a consult with Dr. Sladky today.